Sunday, May 20, 2012

When God writes a love story.

"True love waits." Ok, it's a cute idea and everything... But, does that guy really exist? It's so "fairytale" Isn't it? It could never happen to me! Could it?
Yes. It can! 
You're thinking "Wow, wow... Slow down. You're really giving a PURITY speech, on your blog?!?!? You can't be serious!" 
And, let me tell you now. This is not a purity speech. This is not a "If you have dated you're a sinner, and should never love again." speech. In fact... This isn't a speech at all. It's a blog. And, in all reality, I can talk as long as I want, about whatever I want, and you will read it because you think I'm funny, or entertaining. Or you're just bored and wasting time. That's fine too. DON'T GO AWAY!!! This is NOT a purity speech. This is me telling you that God has a great plan in your life, if you would just let him do it. You would be so happy. 
I am a Christian, I believe that God is in control of everything that happens. And nothing happens without him knowing it. You may think that you are doing what God has planed because He hasn't stopped you yet. Have you prayed about whatever is going on in your life right now? Or, are you just doing it because it "feels" right. Let me tell you about the most exciting thing that has happened to me in my life. 
So, my mom teaches dance lessons. There is a family, and they have been participating for a few years now. Every once in a while we would have a recital or something exciting. And of course, I would be there... Because my mom teaches the class. And every time, there would be this guy... I didn't know his name for the first year. Because, he never told me his name when he first met me. (I know now he was just nervous...) Time, after time. He would come back. I soon found out that his name was Ben, and we knew eachother existed. But nothing past acquantances. Recently, I had to find a card partner because my family LOVES to play cards... We have known eachother for 3 months, and 10 days. "But who's counting... ;)" Today, he made the big step. And asked my dad if he could court me. 
(Now, I know what you're thinking by "courting". But, really... it's no different from dating except that we have more boundaries, and our parents are very involved.)
My dad said "Yes." And now we are an official couple! Don't get me wrong. I have liked other guys. Ben is NOT the only guy I have ever had feelings for. It is not reasonable to believe that you will only like this one guy. God uses the feelings that you have to help you realize what it is He really has in store for you. And believe me when I say. You think that you can do pretty well on your own... You ain't seen nothin' yet! If you put your life into God's capable hands. He  will fulfill your life in every way that you need. It WILL be a fairytale. Or it will seem like one to you. I am happier than I have ever been. 
And it's not going to be perfect. We are both human, and make mistakes. But, if God is in control, He will help us goet throught them. And, we will have a beautiful relationship! 
Thank  you mom, for always telling me to wait. Thank you dad, for protecting me while I was waiting. Thank you God, for putting Ben in my life. And (last but not least) Thank you Ben, for even considering me. I hope I can match up to your standards. 
Thank you for reading this blog... I hope that you are encouraged as a single person, to wait for God to take control. And I hope you are encouraged as a non-single person, to thank God for what he has given you. 
Thanks for reading! Your faithful writer, A J. 

12 comments:

  1. Great article.

    Not that I'm biased or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... no... YOU wouldn't be would you? :)

      Delete
  2. Of course not. Why would I be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure... :P
    It's a little ironic that your name is the same as the guy in the article though.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a little weird. And, my little siblings are in your mom's class too! O.O You'd almost think it was me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... yeah they do huh?
      Very interesting... It could be you huh?
      Are you sure it's not?!?!?!?

      Delete
  5. OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It might be you after all!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete