Saturday, September 29, 2012

Since when?!?!?!?

Ok.... I think the main thing I want to talk about is: Why do people blame my parents for things that I do wrong? "Your momma taught you better than that." is one of the phrases I hate the most. Since when are my mistakes my parents fault? I can understand the thought process, but really? I make my own choices, please don't judge my parents or any other kids parents for their bad behavior.
Another thing... Please, do not tell other people how to discipline thier children. It is truely not your business if you see a parent spanking their child, or disciplining in any way. Not that I agree that you should strive to publicly display you correcting your child, but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Don't judge a parent because it was suddenly necessary to discipline their child while you could see.
Thirdly and lastly: Just because you see a teenager with a todler doesnt mean it is theirs. I have a two year old sister... And I am a senior in highschool. I can't count how many times somebody has asked me "who's the father?" or said things like "Can't you control your baby?" or "She is cute... are you married?" just random strangers! first off, it's not your business, second off why are you suddenly jumping to that conclusion? Do I honestly look like that kind of girl to you? I mean really? Let's think logically. I could understand you thinking that if I wore clothes that don't cover everything they are supposed to, or can be labeled "clothes" at all. But, I don't. So please people... Let's not think every teenager is (for lack of better terms) a slut, because we aren't.
This is my list of "Since when's?!?!?!?" I will probably add to this... but I think this is good for now.
Thanks for reading! I know I haven't updated at all lately... but hey, that's life. :P
Your faithful writer A J Pleas subscribe!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post Ayballin. I think that when people use the phrase "Your momma taught you better than that.", they're not judging your parents. They're basically saying, I know your parents did their job, so don't act like you didn't know that was wrong. Ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete