Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good music

Good music. Lets see... How can I describe this? The dictionary defines music this way: The science or art of ordering tones in harmonic sucession. But I think good music is something else all together. Finding the sound that you like, I think, is a life long journey. I go through what seems like phases. One day I feel like hip hop music, the next day I want country music, then another day I want hard rock. It all depends on what you want to hear, or what tones you like. I have a friend who, I swear, only buys music if it is in the key of G. Personaly I like a little variety, a little C, a little D... But to each his own. The definition of good is defined: Of a favorable character, or tendancy. So, if you put both of those together to get the dictionary's definition of "good music" it would be: A favorable ordering of tones in harmonic sucession. So, by dictionary terms good music is Bach, or Beethoven. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either of those guys, I like a lot of their stuff. But, I couldn't listen to it all day. I'm sure there are people out there who can listen to that. I'm not one of them, to each his own, I wont judge you. I would be more than happy to sit down and listen to Bach with you. I just probably wont do so of my own accord. I'm going through a small obsession with a song called Rumor Mill by We are the In Crowd. A little hard, but great fun to listen to. I found it randomly for free on Amazon! So, I am sending ya'll out on a mission! find music that you can't live without, or music that you can't seem to go a day without listening to, and post the name of the track, and the artist as a comment. You can add a link too. I am interested in what you are listening to, so Please! Do tell! :) 
Thank you for reading this short blog on music. Your faithfull writer A J I hope to hear/ read your comments soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment