Saturday, August 9, 2014

Past, Present... And the Future.

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." Have you ever heard that phrase? Or just a piece of it? It's pretty powerful, even though it's cliche... :)



So... Here's the story, I walked into work yesterday... This seems like a normal thing, and I thought it was. Have you ever just been going along in your business, and then...
Something comes up, and pretty much just slaps you in the face. You're going on your business... And... Well... It's kinda like this. Let me demonstrate with a few pictures...
The video has slight language in it, so just turn your volume down so you can see the wave hit!

^
That.
That right there.
That is what it feels like.
Going along, minding your own business, and BAM! You're hit by a huge wave that you never expected...  Anyway, along with the story. I walk into work, as some of you know that I play music On Friday and Saturdays at a place called Moon Dogs, I work for tips.... So, I walk in, and right in front of my face is my Ex boyfriend with another girl... Now, I'm just saying this so you know what happened... It was like a slap in the face that you never saw coming.... Anyway, it made me get thinking, and that's why I'm writing the blog. :)
^
Believe it or not, that was all pre-blog story.

Past, Present... And the Future.

Now, I want to make one thing clear. My life, right now is awesome. I have no regrets, I love the people in my life, and I love the way my life is going.

That being said, everyone has a past. Everyone has that one person that they just never want to see or hear from again... And that, my blogger friends, is just a fact of life. But, sometimes you realize that the past is the past, and that is where it needs to stay. When we mix the past with the present it never ends well. And that is why I have decided to be happy with my Present, and look forward to the future. My life is as good as it's going to get, and the decisions I make today influence the decisions tomorrow, so on and so forth.

The past will be there forever, I can't change that. I can't change the decisions I made yesterday. But I can change the decisions I make today, and by doing that by default, changing the decisions I make tomorrow. And that is what we should be doing. Not looking back on what we could have done, but looking forward to what we can do. Then doing it.

I hope this has been helpful, but basically I'm preaching to myself. :) 
So, I'll end with this. Learn from the past, don't stay stuck behind in what you can't change. Instead make an effort to change what you can change.

Your faithful writer- AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment